Location: Glasgow, city centre
Nebu~Flow is unlocking the delivery of the next generation of inhaled drugs for patients with respiratory disorders, the main cause of death and disability worldwide.
Nebu~Flow is comprised of a team of passionate technologists and experts in the respiratory drug delivery with a vision to develop the next generation of nebulisers for inhalation drug delivery.
We are looking for a Lab Technician to join and work with our engineering and development team who focus on hardware, product design, microfluidics, electronics and testing.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed, and position will be closed once a suitable candidate is selected. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
The Lab Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory tasks which includes write testing reports, develop testing procedures, lab safety regulations, and lab preventative maintenance plans in accordance with established Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). This includes maintaining equipment, checking equipment quality, maintaining lab stocks, developing and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/Work Instructions (WIs), and performing molecular assays (protein, DNA, RNA) and aerosol characterization studies.
- You will work with highly dynamic workstreams including internal and external stakeholders in the product development environment.
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment, including calibration, troubleshooting, and routine maintenance which also includes safety guidelines and protocols in the laboratory to ensure a safe working environment.
- Perform quality checks on laboratory equipment and ensure proper functioning.
- Maintain and organize lab stocks, including reagents, chemicals, and consumables.
- Document all work performed and recommended on the results obtained. Develop and write SOPs/WIs for laboratory procedures in compliance with QMS and GLP guidelines. The job holder will need to have the ability to record observations in tests and report back to team, participate and contribute to internal technical discussions.
- Implement and develop new testing methods or improving existing ones. This might involve conducting research into new techniques or technologies that could make future testing more effective or efficient. Perform molecular assays, such as protein, DNA, and RNA analysis, using various techniques and instrumentation.
- In collaboration with other teams, ensure product certification and quality measures are designed and met for products through conduct aerosol characterization studies, including sample preparation, data analysis, and reporting.
- Maintaining inventory of laboratory supplies such as chemicals and equipment or performing other clerical tasks such as filing records, assist in warehousing and facility related tasks when necessary.
- Stay updated with current scientific literature and research trends in the field of molecular assays and aerosol characterization.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field, such as biology, biochemistry, or molecular biology or equivalent experience in similar industry.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting, preferably in a regulated environment with knowledge of QMS and GLP.
- Prior experience in maintaining laboratory equipment, performing quality checks, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in with aerosol characterization studies, including sample preparation and data analysis.
- Ability to develop and write SOPs/WIs in compliance with QMS and GLP guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using software and tools for data analysis and reporting.
We have a great story to tell and would love you to be a part of our continued success. If you are curious then please send us your CV and we will look forward to chatting with you soon!!